We
got around the corner to one of the rooms the guys used to get ready
and went in. I collapsed on the couch.
"Oh
God. I can't believe I did that. I was scared and excited at the same
time." I took a big breath and let it out.
"Well,
I'm proud of you," Sheila said.
Sheila
and I were already in the limo when Bret and Rikki jumped in. We
headed off to the hotel.
"Did
you guys want to go out and celebrate?" Sheila asked.
I
looked at Bret to see how he felt. He looked really tired.
Bret
smiled at me, pulled me close and said, "I think Rayna and I will
celebrate privately." I smiled at him, my sentiments exactly.
Sheila
said, "No problem. I'm sure Rikki and I can find something fun
to do."
Rikki
then pulled Sheila across his lap and the proceeded to make out. The
limo dropped us off at the hotel. Rikki and Sheila stayed in the limo
and took off for activities unknown.
The
hotel security escorted us up to the suite that was reserved. Bret
kept his arm around my waist., keeping me close, and in the elevator
he rested up against the wall, giving me sweet kisses.
"God,
Baby, I am wiped out."
"I
should say so. You guys were incredible tonight. The audience loved
it."
"Baby,"
he said, hugging me, "You're my rock." I just hugged him
back.
The
hotel suite was beautiful. Not overly large but with a separate
living room from the bedroom. There was a bouquet of flowers and a
bottle of champagne chilling. I read the little card. It said,
"Congratulations on your engagement. Compliments of the hotel
management." How cool, I thought, but how did they know so soon?
"Bret,
did you want some of this champagne?" I asked. I didn't get an
answer so I turned around and Bret was not in the room. "Bret?'
I called out going into the bedroom. He was sitting on the edge of
the bed trying to take off his shoes. Without being asked, I helped
him finish taking off his shoes. He pulled me between his legs,
wrapped his arms around me and rested his head against my chest. I
ran my hand down the back of his head, then slipped off his bandanna,
and ran my fingers through his hair.
"Did
you want any of that champagne?" I asked.
"No,"
he said quietly, "maybe later. I'm just real tired. I'm sorry
we're not celebrating better."
"Bret,
don't worry. I don't mind. I'd rather spend quiet time with you
anyway. I don't like sharing you," I said softly.
He
took a deep breath and let it out, still hugging me.
"Did
you want to take shower?"
"Maybe
in a bit. I just want to lay here for a few. Come lay down with me."
"Sure,
but let's take off some of this hardware." I helped take off his
bracelets and stuff, and he laid down on his side. I crawled up next
to him, my back to his front, his arm around my waist.
The
last thing Bret mumbled was, "Do you think I'll be a good dad?"
I
didn't even know he had been thinking about kids, but I fell asleep
dreaming of blond, blue eyed children.
Meanwhile,
Rikki and Sheila cruised around town in the limo for awhile.…
"You
know Babe, Bret got me to thinking. Maybe I should make a dishonest
woman out of you. So how bout it? Will you be my groupie forever?"
Sheila,
stunned for a moment, stopped bouncing up and down on Rikki's lap
(wink wink). Panting, she looked into Rikki's eyes to make sure he
was serious! Sheila smiled, wrapped her arms around his neck and
kissed him hard. Then she said, "YES! And will you be my
rockstar forever?"
Rikki
said, "Yes." Then Sheila resumed her bouncing. The two of
them taking another trip to the moon! They ended up crashing at
Sheila's parent's house, that way they could break both sets of news
to her parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment